WHPacific is seeking a talented landscape architect to join our Landscape Studio. The successful candidate would be located in Portland working in a multi-discipline environment serving local and regional clients through a network of offices.
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities
Successful candidate would design, draw, and produce graphics, reports and construction documents; and, depending on project assignments, serve as a Job Captain with project management responsibilities including coordination of work among team members, direct client interface and project fiscal accountability. The position includes an expectation of building an external client based network leading to sales for the company.
Project types include master planning of parks and campuses, athletic facility design, urban design, nature parks, trails, environmental assessments, land use & permitting, transportation projects, green infrastructure, mixed-use land development, and tribal projects.
Working competency in the following area is required:
- Project accounting and reporting
- Find and develop new business in existing clients/project base
- Familiar with scope and project objectives
- Familiar with the role and function of each team member
- Coordinating activities of the team
- Develops and manages project schedule
- Generate Design and Construction Documents
KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES AND SKILLS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD
- Demonstrated talent in basic design skills including hand rendering and graphics with proficient use of additional design tools including SketchUp and Adobe Creative Cloud suite. Proficiency in 3ds Max, Revit, other modeling tools and ArcGIS would be a plus.
- Working knowledge of MS Excel, Word, Outlook and Project.
- Planting design, hardscape design, construction detailing, specification writing, cost estimating.
- Irrigation design and water management
- Ability to multi-task, work independently and prioritize workload
- Technical writing and strong communication skills (both oral and written) desirable
- Punctuality; the select candidate is expected to be at work at the office and on time every day
- The ability to work with other employees, contractors and clients and provide outstanding client service.
- Demonstrated passion for professional growth
- Demonstrated ability to apply critical thinking to design work.
- Bachelors’ degree and/or Master’s Degree in Landscape Architecture from an accredited college/university.
- Five (5) years’ of landscape architecture experience in design and project management working in a professional services company.
- Oregon Landscape Architect registration or registration in another state with the ability to gain reciprocity in Oregon.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Executive Order 11246, as amended, protects applicants and employees from discrimination based on inquiring about, disclosing, or discussing their compensation or the compensation of other applicants or employees.
Link to apply: https://nana.taleo.net/careersection/whp/jobsearch.ftl