The purpose of this position is to perform professional level landscape architecture and park planning work relating to parks, open space and related facilities. Provide project design and planning, manage consultants, perform design review, prepare permitting documents and perform construction inspection on park and recreation capital and improvement projects. Provide information and assistance to the public on park and recreation related matters.
Position Status: This is a full-time, regular, exempt position. This position is also 3-year limited term from date of hire.
Salary Range: $63,564-$82,620
- Develop conceptual and comprehensive site and master plans. Create technical drawings, plans, and specifications. Prepare detailed graphics and written documents for grants and other funding sources. Deliver presentations to a wide variety of stakeholders, including the City Council, management, neighborhoods, and community groups. Inspect construction to ensure compliance to plans, specifications, and applicable guidelines and standards. Approve payment for services.
- Coordinate and oversee multiple projects being designed by consultants. Develop contract specifications and participate in the bid selection process. Prioritize projects and maintain accurate progress records as appropriate.
- Confer with and advise State and local agencies and organization as well as the general public regarding City park and recreation matters
- Develop cost estimates and prepare and monitor project budgets. Identify departmental budget needs and make recommendations for budget requests.
- Prepare reports and graphics and acquire permits for projects which require local, state, and federal agency review.
- Perform related duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Three (3) years of related experience relating to planning, design and development of park, trails and/or open spaces.
- Equivalent to a Bachelor’s Degree in landscape architecture from an accredited college or university with major course work in landscape architecture, planning or a related field.
Equivalent combinations of education and experience may be considered.
- Basic skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint.
- Intermediate skills in AutoCADD required.
- Proficiency using GIS and/or Adobe Suite experience is highly desirable.
Required Licenses and/or Certifications
- Washington State Landscape Architects License is highly desired.
- Valid driver’s license.
Must apply on-line at this link or the City of Vancouver’s website: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/vancouver/jobs/1797989/landscape-architect?pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobs