Full time position with Anderson Krygier, Inc.
Located in downtown Portland, Oregon, Anderson Krygier, Inc. (AK) provides landscape architecture, ecological analysis, and experiential graphic design services. The firm’s principals are both landscape architects who are building a collaborative team that works across disciplines, at multiple scales and geographies. AK practices in an open studio atmosphere which emphasizes the cross pollination of ideas between projects and individuals.
Come be part of our design team, working in a historic, light-filled office space overlooking the central city’s waterfront park. Every member of AK’s growing staff is creative and passionate in working together to enhance the human experience of place while reinvigorating the natural systems that sustain us.
We work for clients throughout the US and around the world on a wide array of interesting project types including higher education, healthcare, government, corporations, parks and recreation, and civic/arts facilities.
Current projects in studio range from ecological analysis and planning work for the Forest Service in Alaska’s Tongass National Forest; to design of a new public park on the Oregon Coast; to landscape architecture services for the U.S. Department of State on new Consulate and Embassy facilities from Guatemala City, Guatemala to Maputo, Mozambique. We collaborate with many nationally recognized architecture and engineering firms as a core team member on large, multi-disciplinary teams.
Our downtown location is easy to access by bike, on MAX light rail, or via a nice walk across one of Portland’s many bridges.
We are ready to hire an experienced, senior landscape architect and project manager with excellent design and technical skills. The position requires fluency in all phases of design management with a sensitive eye for high quality documentation and detailing. Candidates must have exceptional interest in sustainable systems, ecology-based design, high performance landscapes and thoughtful approaches to contemporary design. The position requires a strong ability to communicate effectively, both graphically and in spoken and written American English.
Candidates must be fluent in all phases of design, programming, documentation and production, able to organize and manage details and handle several projects simultaneously.
- Interfacing with clients for design tasks and project management
- Communicating design vision and technical parameters verbally and graphically to existing and prospective clients
- Skillful management of internal design teams and subconsultants through all project phases, from planning through construction administration
- Ability to articulate and manage production processes to ensure timely completion of high quality deliverables
- Assisting with project pursuits including: marketing, business development, and proposal writing
- Bachelor or master’s degree in Landscape Architecture from an accredited university
- 8-10+ years of experience in design and project management
- Landscape architect registration or licensure in United States, Canada, or other countries that have internationally-recognized certifications (or in process of obtaining licensure)
- High level of proficiency in design software programs including AutoCAD Civil 3D, Adobe Suite, Sketch up and Rhino. Proficiency in Revit is desirable.
- Thorough understanding and knowledge of design, master planning, construction materials, techniques and specifications
- Excellent design, graphic and 3D visualization skills
- Strong spoken and written communication skills
- Flexibility to travel outside of Oregon
Commensurate with experience. Extremely competitive benefits package included.
Find more about AK at www.andersonkrygier.com
Submit cover letter, resume and portfolio to Anderson Krygier vie email to firstname.lastname@example.org