Full time position with Anderson Krygier, Inc.
Located in downtown Portland, Oregon, Anderson Krygier, Inc. (AK) provides landscape architecture, ecological analysis, and experiential graphic design services. The firm’s principals are both landscape architects who are building a collaborative team that works across disciplines, at multiple scales and geographies. AK practices in an open studio atmosphere which emphasizes the cross pollination of ideas between projects and individuals.
Come be part of our design team, working in a historic, light-filled office space overlooking the central city’s waterfront park. Every member of AK’s growing staff is creative and passionate in working together to enhance the human experience of place while reinvigorating the natural systems that sustain us.
We work for clients throughout the US and around the world on a wide array of interesting project types including higher education, healthcare, government, corporations, parks and recreation, and civic/arts facilities.
Current projects in studio range from ecological analysis and planning work for the Forest Service in Alaska’s Tongass National Forest; to design of a new public park on the Oregon Coast; to landscape architecture services for the U.S. Department of State on new Consulate and Embassy facilities from Guatemala City, Guatemala to Maputo, Mozambique. We collaborate with many nationally recognized architecture and engineering firms as a core team member on large, multi-disciplinary teams.
Our downtown location is easy to access by bike, on MAX light rail, or via a nice walk across one of Portland’s many bridges.
We are ready to hire a landscape designer with excellent design and technical skills. This position offers a high level of project type diversity and will be most suited for candidates interested in design, analysis and ecology from both environmental and social perspectives. Position requires a strong ability to communicate effectively, both graphically and in spoken and written American English.
- Assisting with all stages of landscape architectural design development
- Participating in the design process and development of site plans
- Developing digital graphic design presentation materials such as rendered site plans, sections, perspectives and diagrams
- Documenting technical design for construction packages in AutoCAD
- Modeling design in 3D using Rhino, Grasshopper and
- Supporting large scale planning and analysis projects through ArcGIS assessments, graphic support, and written content
- Bachelor’s degree in Landscape Architecture from an accredited university. Master’s degree is desirable.
- 2-5+ years of experience in site design and documentation
- High level of proficiency in design software programs, including; AutoCAD Civil 3D, Adobe Suite, Rhino, Grasshopper, Sketch-up and Revit. In lieu of software experience in Rhino and Revit, a demonstrated aptitude with interest in learning may be
- Knowledge of design, master planning, construction materials, techniques and specifications
- Excellent design, graphic and 3D visualization skills
- Strong spoken and written communication skills
- Flexibility to travel outside of Oregon
Commensurate with experience. Extremely competitive benefits package included.
Find more about AK at www.andersonkrygier.com
Submit cover letter, resume and portfolio to Anderson Krygier vie email to firstname.lastname@example.org