Below is a list of all current job postings. To post a job to our board, click on the Post a Job link below.
The following are the fees for job postings. Please confirm on the form if you want your posting only on the website or also included in the NewsWire, ASLA’s monthly e-newsletter that will go out toward the end of each month.
- 1 Month NewsWire Advertisement $30
- 1 Month Website Advertisement $100
- Both Newswire and Website (save 10%) $115
Landscape Designer/Landscape Architect
Mayer/Reed is a Portland, Oregon-based design studio providing landscape architecture, urban design, visual communications, and product design services for sustainable environments in which people live, work and play. The firm’s work in creating places for human activity explores the social, cultural, ecological and historic contexts that shape these environments.
Mayer/Reed is seeking a landscape designer or recently registered landscape architect to join our Landscape Architecture and Urban Design group in a full time position. We are looking for a well-rounded individual who has excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills with the ability to make positive contributions in a fast-paced collaborative team environment.
Experience and interest in sustainable design and technology are needed. The position requires design and production capabilities for a variety of public and private development projects. Tasks may include creating illustrative graphics, programming, site analysis, design, product specifications and production of detailed construction drawings.
Our studio is in downtown Portland with access to bike and transit routes. Staff enjoys on-site workout, bike and shower facilities, and education and social events. Visit www.mayerreed.com to learn more about our work and office culture.
Experience: 2-5 years min. Candidates must have a bachelor or masters degree in an accredited landscape architecture program and be proficient in AutoCad, SketchUp, and Microsoft Office and Adobe Suite software. Revit and Rhino experience is strongly encouraged.
Compensation Range: Salary is commensurate with the level of experience. A comprehensive benefits package is offered.
How to Apply:
Submit cover letter, resume, references and portfolio by November 23, 2018 to Mayer/Reed, attn: Jeramie Shane, Principal, firstname.lastname@example.org
Herrera is looking to fill a position for a Level II Landscape Architect with an ecology or biology background and 1 to 5 years of professional design experience. The position will be filled in either our Portland or Seattle office. Herrera’s landscape architecture services provide design support across all of Herrera’s practice areas. All our projects seek to maximize ecological benefits, include consideration of life-cycle maintenance, plan for climate-adaptive futures, and create meaningful places. If you are passionate about working collaboratively with other disciplines, have a hunger to push sustainability in design, and have deep knowledge of Pacific Northwest ecosystems, please apply for this position.
Herrera is a Pacific Northwest leader in ecosystem restoration, sustainable development, and water resources protection. We recruit individuals who share our values and are dedicated to making a difference. With integrity, objectivity and a strong environmental ethic, we are proud of our positive contribution to our communities, environment, and our employees.
We invest in each team member to drive success of our company. We develop lasting relationships with each other and with our clients. Our results-driven, collaborative culture is key to our continued success in developing innovative solutions for clients in the Northwest and across the globe.
If you want more than a “job” and want to join our family of employee-owners who are engineers, scientists, planners, and technical support specialists, as well as skiers/snowboarders, parents, musicians, tri-athletes, gardeners, scrap bookers, runners, knitters, hikers, climbers, birders, fishermen, cyclists……please apply. We have a casual, cohesive and caring work environment. We offer excellent opportunities to develop your career and competitive compensation, including an attractive retirement package.
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Landscape Architecture
• 1-5 years of experience as a licensed landscape architect
• Project-related experience in stormwater and natural resource design
• Knowledge of Pacific Northwest native vegetation
• Experience creating conceptual, permit, and construction level plan documents
• Experience developing detail drawings
• Specification writing
• Technical proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office
• Strong digital rendering skills
• Excellent verbal communication and writing skills
• Flexibility and willingness to help with field work in other disciplines (e.g. assisting with field data collection, or other potential tasks that may need a second field crew member)
• Willingness to travel to Seattle office or project site locations regularly
• Irrigation design
• Experience with construction oversight
• Background in biology, restoration ecology, environmental studies, or similar field
• Experience conducting site assessments or monitoring
• Experience with landscape maintenance
How to Apply: